In order to change the Registrar, the Registrant, the Registrant data or cancel a domain name, it is necessary to contact a Registrar.
In order to change a .it domain name it is necessary to have the authinfo code, which the Registrar gives to the Registrant at the time of registration.
The authinfo is associated with the registered domain name and it is a form of authorization password in order to request operations.
When the Registrant can apply to the Registry
The following are operations that may be necessarily taken applying directly to the Registry:
- registration of a reserved domain name
- change of Registrant data
- opposition procedure
- access request for data and documents relating to the registration, maintenance and opposition of domain name
- registration of a domain name following a challenge and/or reassignment
- Verification of subjective requirements that led, in due course, to the assignment. The procedure is described in the Regulations of assignment and management of .it domain names. In order to request verification of subjective requirements it is necessary to compile and send to the Registro.it a specific paper request: