New registration of a challenged domain
Opposition proceedings and / or reassignment can be solved with the reassignment of the domain to the person / body that triggered the dispute.
The domain name may be assigned to the new Registrant, within 30 (thirty) days after the switch to inactive/toBeReassigned.
The new Registrant shall first contact their Registrar and request the "contactID" to be included in the request for reassignment.
The request should be sent to the Registry, using one of the following forms:
- Request for reallocation by a natural person in rtf version
- Request for reallocation by a natural personi in pdf version
- Request for reassignment by subject other than natual person in rtf version
- Request for reassignment by subject other than natural person in pdf version
English version (not to be sent):
- Request for reallocation by a natural person in pdf version
- Request for reassignment by subject other than natual person in pdf version
The request must be sent only in the Italian version. The English version is available only for a better comprehension of the document.
The request for reassignment must be completed in its entirety and should be submitted to the Registry:
- by fax at +39 050-542420
- by mail or courier to the Registry:
Istituto di Informatica e Telematica - CNR
Via Giuseppe Moruzzi, 1
In the event that registration is not completed within the 30 (thirty) days after the domain name has been put into "inactive/toBeReassigned", the domain name will become newly available for assignment on a "first come first served" basis.