The projects of the Registro .it are carried out with the aim of increasing Internet diffusion, culture, technology and sociality, in Italy as a result of the synergies arising from the relationship between the Registry and Registrars. In addition to the existing projects that are described in this section, it is important to highlight the activities that in recent years have been set up with the support of the Registry and Registrars:
- Mimonet: The MimoNet project is aimed at developing tools and techniques for network-level exploitation of MIMO technology (Multiple Input Multiple Output). In particular, MimoNet targets a specific type of network: wireless mesh networks;
- Geomemories: the use of aerial photography to create historical maps prompted the idea to create a database of information available through historical geographical models. The project aims to create a historical/geographical atlas of Italy, via a Web 2.0 platform, which allows travel in space and time dimensions, offering the possibility to integrate multimedia data from archives or from social contributions.
- ABCD SW: a project dedicated to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (DSA). The project’s mission is to define an educational methodology in accordance with the ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) Model accessible via computer and the collection of data concerning the progress of the child;
- LISM: a laboratory that studies complex biological systems aimed at building a digital medicine area of expertise, capable of analyzing a great amount of personalized and individual data, similar to those produced by new biomedical “high throughput" technologies;
- Mettiamoci la faccia (Let’s put a face on it): pilot project run by the Ministry of Public Administration and Innovation, which involved the IIT and the Registry within collaboration with the Civil Service. This has led to the development of a software system that enables the assessment, using emoticons, of the satisfaction of citizens regarding the services provided by Public Administrations;
- Clavius Project: developed in collaboration with the Institute for Computational Linguistics (ILC) and the Pontifical Gregorian University, for the digitalization of the manuscripts of the historical archive of the Pontifical Gregorian University;
- Parental Control: project dedicated to the definition of algorithms able to control content received by minors and disabled on the most commonly used devices (Android, social networks, external services).
- FINe: Food In the Net observatory. Agri-food Internet observatory which analyses the diffusion on the net of the different agri-food sectors and their geographical distribution at Italian level.