The Drop Time process enables the cancellation of domain names at scheduled times.
The .it domain names that are in pendingDelete/pendingDelete status, are definitively cancelled from the Database of the Registry according to the following Drop Time process:
- at 01:00 AM CET/CEST of each day, the Registry automatically creates the lists containing the domain names that in the previous day were in pendingDelete/pendingDelete status;
- these lists, as soon as they are created, are published in the dedicated section of the website of the Registry. The above mentioned lists, in addition to the list of domain names, contain the date and exact time in which the domain names will be cancelled;
- once cancelled, the domain names are immediately available online for free allocation.
Please note that, in order to register a domain name that has been subject to a cancellation in the previous 7 (seven) days, the Registrar will have to submit the Create Domain request to the server "epp-deleted.nic.it".
Example of cancellation according to Drop Time process
Suppose to have100 domain names that on May 2 have been put in pendingDelete/pendingDelete status:
- these domain names, at 01:00:00 of May 3, will compose, for example, two lists of domain names in cancellation (list A and list B);
- the two lists are published on the Website of the Registry immediately after their creation;
- the domain names indicated in the first list (list A) are cancelled at 09:00 of May 5;
- the domain names indicated in the second list (list B) are cancelled at 16:00 of May 5