To become a Registrar, it is necessary to sign a contract and the related addendum (the 2016-2018 contract addendum must be signed while the addendum for the SLD edu.it is optional) with the .it Registry and take the accreditation test : once the test is passed - aimed at ascertaining the technical competence to bring to a successful conclusion the operations envisaged by the Regulations and the Synchronous Technical Guidelines - the operator can register and maintain .it domains and the edu.it domains.
The steps are:
- Complete the contract using the online form
Registrar Contract 2016-2019 - English translation of the contract is available for a better comprehension. Only the Italian version will be accepted.
- Complete the addendum to the 2016-2019 contract using the online form
Addendum to the Registrar Contract 2016-2019 - English translation of the addendum is available for a better comprehension. Only the Italian version will be accepted.
- (optional) fill in the Addendum to the SLD contract edu.it using the online form - English translation of the addendum is available for a better comprehension. Only the Italian version will be accepted.
- sign the contract and the addendum signed by the legal representative, date them and send them to the Registry in duplicate (on plain paper or headed paper) in the following ways:
- by post to the address:
Registro. it - Ufficio Amministrazione e Contratti
Istituto di Informatica e Telematica - CNR
Via Giuseppe Moruzzi, 1
56124 PISA ITALY
- by certified e-mail, signed with a digital signature (a signature each time this is requested) to email@example.com
IIT's legal representative signs both copies. A countersigned copy will be returned to the sender.
- Payment of a one-off initial 2,200 euros + VAT.
- Accreditation (payment of 300 euros + VAT).
- Payment of initial "prepaid" fee required to start working: 4,000 euros + VAT (1000 transactions). For this payment, the Registry will invoice in advance.
The Registry charges a Registrar 4 euros (plus VAT) for each of the following operations on .it domains and the edu.it domains:
- Change of Registrar.
- Recovery from Redemption-period status.
- The cost of yearly renewal is 3.30 euros. The cost that is charged corresponds to the annual maintenance fee of the domain.
From 20 September 2018 to 19 September 2019 the Registro.it will NOT charge the Registrar for the cost of registering edu.it domain names.
If you wish to become a Registrar and be able to register and maintain .it domains you have to pass an accreditation test . This test entails performing specific operations, through your own client application, on the Registry's EPP server, and thus prove that you have the necessary technical skills to operate in synchronous mode.
To give you an idea of the test, the Registry provides a simulation platform on which you can test all the operations on domain names. A Registrar may also make use of technical helpdesk support and specific training courses organized by the Registry.
c/c 218150 made out to the CNR "Incassi giornalieri da altre dipendenze"specify the reason for payment, for instance "provider/maintainer contract start up";
"payment of invoice No. X dated DD/MM/YYYY").
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, branch of Rome
branch no 6392
IBAN code: IT75N0100503392000000218150
SWIFT/BIC code BNLIITRR